Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Introducing the newest....

band director at Central High in Helena-West Helena, Arkansas!  Just got my placement a few hours ago in the mail, and it's pretty crazy that someone decided to give me a high school band to direct.  It's such a relief to finally know what school/town/state I'll be living in for the next two years.

In other news, today at my high school here in Houston the air conditioning broke.  Class was horribly hot.  I did manage to introduce my class of apathetic 9th graders to this great quote though: "Excuses are tools of the weak and incompetent.  They build monuments to nothing and build bridges to nowhere."  Once I broke down what weak and incompetent meant in my classroom, the kids started paying a little more attention to what was going on.

Also, the lovely people at the Moody towers thought it would be great to shut the water off on my floor for a few days to do repairs.  So I have to go upstairs to use the bathroom or shower.

-Mr. D

No comments: