Hey All,
Hope that you're all doing well and enjoying the post-Yale life.
Adam and I came up with the idea of starting a blog for our TD guy friends as a way to keep in touch. The idea is that if we all write once in a while, everyone will be able to keep track of each other. Clearly not the best or only means of staying connected, but it is a start.
So I guess I'll start off. Israel was a blast. Non-stop, cuntinuously seeing the sites of the motherland for ten days. We went hiking, kayaking, 4-wheeling, etc. Adam's body cavities were searched before we got on the plane because the airline questioned his Jewishness. Most of the 40 kids on the trip were Yalies, a decent amount of them '08. It was cool getting to know them and experiencing Israel with them. The trip not-so-subtly tried to show off the best of Israel, but despite the propaganda, it definitely raised questions about Jewish identity, etc. But most of all, it was a ton of fun. A few highlights:
1) I got dehydrated the third day we got there from playing soccer and bball all day and not drinking water. It was like 90 degrees. I threw up in the bathroom of a restaurant and then had to go to a first aid center. Pretty sweet checking out foreign cuntries' medical delivery system.
2) Our armored guard (every group travels with one) lost his gun at one of our events. He faced a 10,000 shequalim fine ($3,000) and faced jail time. Luckily, he managed to get it back a few days later.
3) Soldiers join each trip for a couple of days. Our girl soldiers were pretty hot and very cool. Definitely one of the highlights of the trip.
4) Got to go out in Jerusalem a few times. Drinks are pretty damn expensive over there, though there are no open container laws so people drink outside the club before going in. Fun times.
After getting home from Israel, Laura visited NJ for a couple of days, which was fun. Then went to Boston with Chetan and found an apartment--- sweet roof deck and location, hope you guys get to see it when you come up for H-Y.
Miss you all and hope you're doing great. Write freqcuntly.
Much love,
J
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
JASON! Oh shit where is your apartment I want to come visit.
South End. 22 Montgomery Street. Moving into that house with 3 other guys--- two of the are Yale '05. It is probably a 10 minute walk from the Pru. My commute will be 20 min. by subway and 25 min. walk. Great area. The house is something between a frat house and a real apartment. Should be fun.
Oh baby oh baby I can't wait
Jason, I'm glad that like a good consultant you numbered the items in your post.
Now, next time to really do it right you should call them "buckets".
Post a Comment