Monday, December 22, 2008

I Want to Play Snow Football

I finished my travels on Thursday, and I am already getting the itch to travel somewhere else. Unfortunately, I'm stuck in DC until New Year's in New York (hope all y'all will be there). I have seen most of you since the bulk of my road trippin' ended, but for those of you who haven't heard, I'll fill you in a bit.

I started on September 9th from my parents' place in Rockville, MD. I drove to Pittsburgh to pick up Brett Andrews, since I was crashing on his floor while in Columbus. While there, I decided to sublet for the first five months from another A&F guy who started in June. I'll be living with a Columbia '08 grad. He seems like a cool guy, and I'm looking forward to having a room mate.

From there, I traveled around the Midwest, picked up my dad for a bit, then traveled into Canada via Montana. I had to go in for questioning at the border, but it only added a bit of time to my drive to Calgary. The second border crossing into our northern neighbor, going up to Vancouver from Seattle, was more of a pain in the ass. After admitting I had bear spray (super mace for use on bears), they searched my car. Nothing came of it, but Canadian border patrol are humorless people.

The trip around the western states was the best part. I love the Pacific Northwest and most of California. I ended up doing the cover art for my friends' CD (thetoysoldiers.com), which took up a lot of time. Nothing else really eventful happened while in my home region, but it was all a lot of fun.

From there, I went through Utah, which is beautiful. Arches was my favorite national park. I really recommend you go down there. I then toured through Texas (really only Austin), hit up New Orleans (didn't see much of the city, I was too hung over), saw Dave in the Delta, caught up with an old friend in Augusta, and made my way up to DC.

Taking the extra time off was the perfect choice for me. I needed it.

On January 7th, I pick up the moving truck. I'll be all moved in by the 10th. Then, I'll live in Columbus. Work follows in February. I know this event will make many of you happy.

I hope to see you all in New York, or if you're in DC or the Midwest, give me a call.

-Travis

No comments: