Hey guys,
Jason added me on this thing a couple of weeks ago, and I finally figured out how to login and say whats up. So I guess I will fill you in on my existence over the past couple of months.
Standout points in case you do not have much time to read: New Haven is fun, its getting really cold, Jane broke up with me, I busted my leg on Halloween doing something stupid, Princeton Yale was awesome, had a robot party with an ice luge for shots, had a great time seeing most of you at the Harvard Yale game, and work.
I have got my house with 5 total inhabitants including me. I am the only dude so I am pretty much the protector of women. It is really fun, there is something going on almost every night. I do not make it to cojones too much on Mondays, but I make up for it by going out other places later in the week. We have this thing every Thursday called Family Dinner where the men grill meat on a charcoal grill and the women make salads and sides. Then we sit at the dinner table (bench seating) and the men sit on one side with the women on the other. It is really fun. Start with wine, then beer, then cocktails, then... water or vodka (only once or twice I swear). Then we usually go to this bar called Diesel Lounge on State St. No one else ever goes there (like literally we are the only ones there) but it does not stop us from having a good time. We get to DJ the music and go behind the bar to make drinks. We get free shots all the time too. So yah the living situation is fun. We party a lot. Played some serious games of flip cup. And really pissed off our neighbors. I think we will either be evicted, or denied our lease next year. The problem is that we live on the 2nd and 3rd floor of the house so our neighbors who live below can hear the music, the dancing, the falling, the screaming, you name it.
My girlfriend of 2.5 years broke up with me the week of Halloween on a fateful Tuesday... (I tried to use some serious prose right there, but obviously failed). She ordered me a cojones quesadilla and then half way through dinner told me (completely unsuspecting because I thought everything was pretty darn perfect) that it was not going to work out anymore because she just lost the feeling and needed to be an individual and figure her life out. Anyways she sucks. I was crushed, felt like somone kicked a soccer ball right into my stomach when I was not expecting it and the air in my lungs was sqeezed out for a good two weeks. So yah that was sadly and suddenly ended. Moving on...
Halloween was really fun. My 4 girl roomates and this guy from the sailing team who graduated in '03 dressed up as the beach boys. Pink shirt, short white shorts, fake raybans, and my 70s surfer hair (had not cut the hair since beginning of summer). We went to the school of Forestry party (one of my roomates is in the school of forestry) with a 80 pound, 10 foot windsurfer board as our prop (pretty extreme). Had a lot of fun. Then tried to surf the board down some hand railings of a flight of stairs and failed miserably and busted my shin. Bad news, on antibiotics now and need to get more today.
Yale Princeton was fun. Friday night we had a robot party with an ice looge. Crazy. The game was fun, tailgated the whole time.
Harvard Yale was great because I got to see all of you. Friday night at John and Regina's was so cool. It was like the perfect reunion, everyone was there.
This blog post is my first ever, and I think it is way too long.
Zach
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment