Friday, August 8, 2008

The Corporate Machine

Hey guys! Hope everyone's been doing well; since no one is really posting it's hard to know. hint, hint.

Anyways, I finally have something blog-worthy, now that my days of freedom are over and I've started work. I'm working for a strategy consulting firm called Simon-Kucher & Partners, which in addition to having a funny name is also based in Germany. It's a constant struggle to remember not to mention the war.

More seriously, the job is actually pretty awesome. I got staffed my first day in, which means I'm going to training and simultaneously working on an actual case which is wrapping up next week. The bad: I'm working 11-14 hour days (plus my ungodly commute from the 'burbs, where I'm crashing with family till Jason and I move into our place [more later]), and I have a decent amount of work on the weekends. The good: I have an awesome case team, the work is really interesting, although there is waaaaaay too much Excel for my mental health, and my client is pretty baller--as in everyone in the world knows who they are. So all in all it's been pretty fun working there so far. Casual friday means literally jeans and a tee, so one day a week i get to dress like I'm in college... not bad, right?

Right?

Anyways, I'm also really excited to move into my apartment in a little over two weeks. I think Jason talked about this, but it's an awesome place. We're moving in with 2 yale '05 guys, as well as another guy who's also 05 but I'm not sure where from. We're in a really nice, trendy neighborhood, it's cheap, and it's a house, so there's a good amount of room. the downside, though, is that there's only one shower, so in some ways it's very collegiate. We have a sicknasty roofdeck which makes up for it though.

Though Boston weather kinda sucks right now, it's been a good time so far. Hope you're all doing well. Pat, if you read this, I'm sorry for complaining about my "long hours"; thanks for taking it in stride. Hope to see some of you guys in Boston soon!

2 comments:

Alex Bartik said...

Chetan, although you may be living in a trendy neighborhood, you are still not trendy.

sam post said...

i get to dress like a college student every day